WHO ARE THE DEACONESS?
The Deaconess are spirit-filed, faithful, committed wives of the Deacons and Ministers. Appointed because their husbands were appointed as deacons at Stonewall Missionary Baptist Church.
To assist the Pastor and Deacons in carrying out the ordinances of the church: The Lord’s Supper and Baptism with all reverence to God.
Our purpose is one of Christian service to God our Father, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, the pastor, deacons, and people within the church, promoting the spiritual welfare of the church.
- With the help of the Holy Spirit, we will look for opportunities to become a “succorer” (helper) of many.
- Constantly pray for Pastor, Deacons, and church body. Become praying servants of God.
- Be an example always to younger women in all areas of our lives.
- Work together with one heart.
- Be faithful, totally committed servants to the church and the tasks assigned to us.
- Be teachable and flexible in ministry.
- Partner with husbands in Family Ministry.
Keep pressing toward the mark while keeping our eyes on the prize and hearing our Lord say,”well done”.